Our delicious holiday cookies are a best seller during the Christmas season – freshly baked and packaged holiday cookies will be available for sale starting 21 November. But in case you run out of stock we thought we’d share our recipe with you so you can make them at home to satisfy your cravings!
Suggested Tea Pairings: Venus Sophia’s – Chai, Afternoon Tea Blend, Cream Earl Grey, Sunshine Blend, and Mint Chocolate
CHRISTMAS SPICE COOKIES
Salt, 1 pinch
4 eggs (3 whole, 1 yolk for glaze)
Zest of one lemon
Zest of one orange
Almond Flour 1/2 cup
Baking Powder 1 Tsp
Homemade Christmas Spice Mix: Cinnamon, Anise Star and Cloves; Ground 2 Tbsp
1. Mix all dry ingredients together.
2. Bring Butter to room temp. Add to dry mix and blend well.
3. Add 3 whole eggs and mix thoroughly to get a nice dough.
4. Wrap dough in surround wrap, let rest in fridge 1 hour.
5. When ready, preheat oven to 350 F. Roll out dough with the help of some flour to thickness of 7 – 10 mm.
6. Cut off the forms that you like. Place on tray with baking sheet.
7. Get egg yolk and whisk, beat well and add 1/2 tablespoon water to it. Continue whisking, then using a brush glaze on the egg yolk to the cookies.
8. Place in oven, 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown. Take out from the oven and sprinkle with sugar if you wish. Or you can make your own icing and decorate! Let cool and enjoy.